2016-2017 Stock Market Experience Awards
Eligibility For Awards
All student teams in the FALL 2016 and EARLY SPRING 2017 Stock Market Experience are eligible for awards based on the highest portfolio value on the final date of the competition.
Teams must make at least one trade by the trade deadline (Oct. 17 for Fall / Feb. 13 for Early Spring). Teams must also comply with all official rules. Accounts will be audited at the end of the game to ensure accuracy. Official results will be announced once the audit is complete. If your team suspects an error at any time during the trading period, please submit an online error report as soon as possible. Go to the bottom of the home page and tab and select ‘Contact Us’ or to the “About tab” and then ‘Contact Us’.
State Level STUDENT Cash Awards
Student teams that place first, second and third overall in the state in their age division will win cash awards as specified below. These awards will be made for the FALL and EARLY Spring competitions. Late Spring is not eligible.
|AWARDS PER STUDENT
(up to 5 students per team)
|High School||Middle School||Elementary School|
State Level TEACHER Awards - Gift Certificates
Each teacher who advises a state level winning team will receive a special recognition gift card from the Colorado Council for Economic Education.
First Place Overall In Geographic Region (5 Regions) – Classroom Celebration!
The student team that places FIRST OVERALL in their geographic region will receive $50 for a Stock Market Experience Classroom Celebration.
State and Regional Winners - Certificates
The Colorado Council for Economic Education will present all state and regional first, second, and third place winners in each age division with personalized award certificates to recognize their success. Certificates will also be presented to the winning schools.
Special Recognition Awards
These awards will be made at the discretion of the Colorado Council for Economic Education and will be announced during the competition.
Door Prizes for Awards Program:
Winning students who attend the Stock Market Experience awards ceremony in May will be entered in the Door Prize raffle.
ANNUAL AWARDS CEREMONY
- State level and Division level first, second, and third place teams in the Fall 2016 and Early Spring 2017 sessions will be invited to the Stock Market Experience Awards Ceremony on May 5, 2017 at the History Colorado Center.
- “Save the Date” announcements and invitations will be sent via e-mail to qualifying teams prior to the event.
- Attendees need to pre-register using the registration link and instructions provided on the invitation.
- Winning team members (up to five students), 1 Advisor, 1 guest per team member (up to 5 guests per team), and the School Principal or District Superintendent may attend the awards ceremony at no cost.
- Additional students, advisors or guests may attend for a fee of $10 per person.